Here's some information about Winterthur, Switzerland:
- Approx. 110,000 people live in this town which is a LOT for Switzerland! Its the 3rd largest city and still in the "Canton" of Zurich, a Canton is like a "County" in America.
- The country bird of Switzerland is called the Turaco.
- Switzerland is known for its mountains including many ranges like the French Alps, Swiss Alps, Italian Alps, which all border Switzerland because its country is in the middle of many countries. There are also many many lakes, some of the cleanest in the world. Most people in Switzerland even if they are new speak at least three (3) languages. I've heard host Ellie in English, Spanish, German so far...
- Switzerland is mostly known for its cheese and chocolate, and to some banking for the ultra wealthy but I only heard this rumor
- Right now the weather is nice but I see my host packing both summer clothes and a big jacket... who knows where is next! I've heard something something "Miami" but also "deadlines in New York." Good news is I fit in any suitcase! I'm ready!
My host seems nice enough. She is American and was born outside San Francisco, California and speaks good English. She eats a lot of Mexican food which is confusing in Switzerland but nice enough. Stay tuned.
9:07pm Switzerland time
February 12, 2020
My name is Flat Stanley, I like to travel. I come from Southern Valley Elementary School in Nebraska. Our state is pretty nice with lots of great nature. I love to take adventures so my friend, Catalena helped me take some travels recently. I hope you like my travels!