Sometimes I paint, nothing fancy just whats in my head. Here is the process:
1) Step One: scribble vision on back of a boarding pass while on plane
2) Step Two: Add base colors or "inspiration." For me I was initially inspired by lime green but I wanted to accentuate it with something and yellow seemed appropriate.
3) Step Three: finally add that green in the hues I had been envisioning.
4) Step Four: add accents, in this case dark blue inspired by something laying around. Smear existing color swatches and add patches of white paint to empty space to give depth.
5) Step Five: give context to the colors. I like to frame things, box them because the shapes themselves pour out of the lines, thats the beauty. The lines are more or less pointless.
There he is, in all his tulip-lime green-no line following-beauty. His name is "Arne"
Software. Sailing. Writing Stuff.